[Stackless] Pre 2.5.2 merge / testing help appreciated

Jeff Senn senn at maya.com
Mon Feb 4 16:08:07 CET 2008

Seems to work on OS-X (10.5.1) -- with a few tiny caveats which I'll
mention
for the record, but don't seem terribly relevant to anyone not trying
to build
on OS-X.

There were a few problems building it using the build script - but I
attribute
that to a non-released version (e.g. one problem was fetching the html
for doing
a documentation build from the python site, another was fetching a
particular version
of sqlite).

The 2 test weirdnesses were:

   test_subprocess now triggers the OS-X "the Application Unexpectedly
Quit" dialog
   box that the system pops up when a process (that is considered an
"Application") dies for certain reasons.
   This could be completely normal due to how the test is terminating
the process.

   test_socket failed once.  But I have no more details since it now
succeeds every time
   I run it and it seemed innocuous, so I'm sticking my head back into
the sand on that one.

      File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/
python2.5/test/test_socket.py", line 122, in _tearDown
     self.fail(msg)
AssertionError: (57, 'Socket is not connected')

-Jas