[Stackless] Sudden error with pyexpat

Andrew Dalke dalke at dalkescientific.com
Mon Feb 11 21:23:01 CET 2008

On Feb 11, 2008, at 8:28 PM, Simon Pickles wrote:
> Default python installation on ubuntu gives 1114111, so its a wide
> python build, right?
>
> After building stackless python I get 65535.
>
> I tried doing:
> ./configure --enable_unicode
>
> but the resultant build still gives 65535

Use

   ./configure --enable_unicode=ucs4

Here's the code from configure

   --enable-unicode[=ucs[24]]
                           Enable Unicode strings (default is yes)

if test $enable_unicode = yes
then
   # Without any arguments, Py_UNICODE defaults to two-byte mode
   case "$have_ucs4_tcl" in
   yes) enable_unicode="ucs4"
        ;;
   *)   enable_unicode="ucs2"
        ;;
   esac
fi

case "$enable_unicode" in
ucs2) unicode_size="2"
       cat >>confdefs.h <<\_ACEOF
#define Py_UNICODE_SIZE 2
_ACEOF

       ;;
ucs4) unicode_size="4"
       cat >>confdefs.h <<\_ACEOF
#define Py_UNICODE_SIZE 4
_ACEOF

       ;;
esac

> As for PyXML, I've not installed it. In fact, I've a clean ubuntu
> installation. I did install python-elementtree, is that a bad move?

No idea.

				Andrew
				dalke at dalkescientific.com