[Stackless] Stackless 2.5.2 release candidate 1

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 17:45:07 CET 2008

As you might have heard, Python 2.5.2 should be released within the
coming week [1].  There has been a preliminary release candidate (RC1)
made as of a couple of days ago [2].

I have merged in the changes from the mainline release25-maint branch
up to the RC1 tag into the corresponding Stackless branch [3].  You
can get a Stackless 2.5.2 RC1 either by updating your Stackless
release25-maint branch to revision 60889 or by getting the 2.52c1 tag

It is planned that the final version of Python 2.5.2 will be released
on the 21st of February.  At this time I will be in San Francisco
attending the game developer's conference (GDC).  I may not be able to
access a usable build environment because of this, although I will do
my best.  This means it is not guaranteed that I will be able to do a
release in a timely fashion.  In the worst case, the Stackless version
of Python 2.5.2 will be released sometime next week.

I normally ask for someone to generate an updated 'configure' file for
me (as I do the releasing on Windows), but I have managed to work out
how to reaccess my Linux box in Reykjavik and have done both this and
tested that Stackless builds/passes the regression tests with a clean
checkout of the release25-maint branch already.  But thanks for past
help with this! :-)

If anyone wants to test that it builds and passes the regression tests
on their platform, that would be appreciated.

[1] http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2008-January/076563.html
[2] http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2008-February/076885.html
[3] http://svn.python.org/view/stackless/branches/release25-maint/
[4] http://svn.python.org/view/stackless/tags/python-2.52c1/