[Stackless] Stackless 2.5.2 release candidate 1

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 17:45:07 CET 2008

Hi,

As you might have heard, Python 2.5.2 should be released within the
coming week [1].  There has been a preliminary release candidate (RC1)
made as of a couple of days ago [2].

I have merged in the changes from the mainline release25-maint branch
up to the RC1 tag into the corresponding Stackless branch [3].  You
can get a Stackless 2.5.2 RC1 either by updating your Stackless
release25-maint branch to revision 60889 or by getting the 2.52c1 tag
[4].

It is planned that the final version of Python 2.5.2 will be released
on the 21st of February.  At this time I will be in San Francisco
attending the game developer's conference (GDC).  I may not be able to
access a usable build environment because of this, although I will do
my best.  This means it is not guaranteed that I will be able to do a
release in a timely fashion.  In the worst case, the Stackless version
of Python 2.5.2 will be released sometime next week.

I normally ask for someone to generate an updated 'configure' file for
me (as I do the releasing on Windows), but I have managed to work out
how to reaccess my Linux box in Reykjavik and have done both this and
tested that Stackless builds/passes the regression tests with a clean
checkout of the release25-maint branch already.  But thanks for past
help with this! :-)

If anyone wants to test that it builds and passes the regression tests
on their platform, that would be appreciated.

[1] http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2008-January/076563.html
[2] http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2008-February/076885.html
[3] http://svn.python.org/view/stackless/branches/release25-maint/
[4] http://svn.python.org/view/stackless/tags/python-2.52c1/