[Stackless] Fwd: Stackless Python 2.5.2

Jeff Senn senn at maya.com
Tue Feb 26 15:40:05 CET 2008

On Feb 25, 2008, at 10:14 PM, Daniel Fackrell wrote:

> Okay, I have a dmg file, about 19MB.  I had to find another mac to use
> as I have macports on my laptop.  I also had to update the version of
> SQLite that the installer downloads and builds as the one in the
> installer is no longer available.
>
> The new version is 3.5.6, and the digest is
> "903c9e935c538af392364a9172a3d98d" if someone with commit access wants
> to make that change.
>
> Obviously 19MB dmg file is a bit big to e-mail to the list.  Who can
> accept it and post it to the site?

Normally I email Richard a link to snag the file off a personal
website and he puts it on stackless.com

> Also, what sanity checks can I run before we release it into the wild?

I would at least run the normal regression tests, stackless tests, and
launch the apps - IDLE etc... to make sure they work.

Interestingly I resolved my Tcl/Tk prob and built last night, but I
still
only get a 15mb DMG -- but I don't see anything that failed.  I suppose
this could be different dmg compression settings or a different version
of devtools (I have noticed that the optimizer in the new gcc
seems a bit more aggressive...)  I suppose I can compare with yours...

-Jas