[Stackless] Who is Attending PyCon 2008?

Stephan Diehl stephan.diehl at gmx.net
Thu Feb 28 17:10:04 CET 2008

[...]
> 2)How to transition to PyPy.
>
> 2A) Experimenting with different message regimes.
> Again, my understanding is that PyPy will be the
> vehicle for future experimentation.

even though I'm not coming to PyCon, I can say a few word about pypys
stackless implementation.
RPython comes with a coroutine implementation. PyPy has a module called
_stackless which exposes a Coroutine and Greenlet interface. (you must
explicitly enable this on pypy compilation).
The actual stackless interface is an applevel (pypy speak for application
level) library module which lives in pypy/lib. By the way, that stackless.py
can run on CPython if Greenlets are available.
That stackless implementation is not yet complete as the more esoteric
stackless features are not implemented yet.

If you want to play around, take that stackless.py file and try different
schedulers, messaging system, whatever.

The future (whenever that happens):
1. rewrite stackless as an rpython module
2. do composable coroutines

Have fun

Stephan