[Stackless] 'Distributed Shared Memory' or Similar

Phoenix Sol burninglabs at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 01:27:08 CET 2008

Greetings All,

I am developing an 'Internet Scale' RIA back-end with Stackless and Asyncore
(using Richard Tew's Stackless Socket Module; Thanks Richard!).
It was a snap to build the basic framework, incorporating multiple ports and
protocols into a single threaded process. It seems bizarre to me that
Stackless is yet so arcane.

Anyway, now that I have a basic server framework, my next task is to make it
*scale automatically* on Amazon EC2, and I want to have a team
of arbitrarily many nodes all working in the same 'space' (on shared data
held in memory, loaded and unloaded to Amazon S3...), so I would like
to implement some sort of 'distributed shared memory' system.

Does anyone have any advice or experience to share regarding Distributed |
Cluster | Grid Computing with Stackless?
Do you know off hand if any of the Python 'linda' systems can be used
naturally with Stackless?

Thanks a Heap,
Phoenix Sol