[Stackless] Christian's Stackless/PyPy talk from PyCon

Andrew Dalke dalke at dalkescientific.com
Thu Jan 10 15:33:37 CET 2008

Christian gave a talk about Stackless at PyCon last year.  The talks
were recorded but only in the last couple of months have they been
made available, when Andrew Kuchling took over the effort.  (Thanks
Andrew!)

The talks are available at
   http://advocacy.python.org/podcasts/
which has 3 different RSS feeds (mp3, ogg and m4a), and an in-browser
Flash player.

The direct MP3 file is
   http://advocacy.python.org/podcasts/pycon/PyCon2007-Stackless.mp3

Here's the description of Christian's talk

> As a surprise for people who think they know Stackless, we present the
> new Stackless implementation for PyPy, which has led to a significant
> amount of new insight about parallel programming and its possible
> implementations. We will isolate the known Stackless Python as a
> special case of a general concept.
>
> This is a Stackless, not a PyPy talk. But the insights presented here
> would not exist without PyPy.

The audio is very clear, with only a bit of background hiss.

This means my intro to Stackless talk should be available soon.  When
that happens I'll also post the accompanying presentation, which I
don't think makes sense without the commentary.

				Andrew
				dalke at dalkescientific.com