[Stackless] Trouble linking on Ubuntu Linux

Simon Pickles sipickles at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 12 12:41:08 CET 2008

Hi,

I can't quite get linkage to work with c++ to stackless python, it
worked with Cpython. I can use stackless in the python interpreter okay too.

I thought I had rebuilt the boost.python library with stackless
included, but it seems not.

I used:

simon at simon-desktop:/usr/local/boost_1_34_1$ sudo bjam --with-python stage

This is building using the python code in /usr/local/include/python2.5
(if I move this directory, the above bjam command fails).

bjam runs sucessfully and copies the libs to
/usr/local/boost_1_34_1/stage/libs.

However, when I try and integrate a stackless python type like
'PyChannel_new' in c++, it says undefined reference. Note, these
commands do not cause an error so I guess I am linking to the old library?

  Py_SetProgramName(argv[0]);
  Py_InitializeEx(0);

/usr/local/boost_1_34_1/stage/libs is in my linker search path, and I
have linked with option -lboost_python. Have I missed something?

Thanks

Simon

--
Linux user #458601 - http://counter.li.org.