[Stackless] Trouble linking on Ubuntu Linux

Lloyd Weehuizen lloyd at fusion.net.nz
Sat Jan 12 23:48:06 CET 2008

Hey Simon

The only think I can think of is that g++ is linking with the
libpython2.5.so in your /lib folder in preference to the .a you compiled.

Type "ldd <boost_python_libname>" it will give you a list of libraries
boost is dependent on. If /lib/libpython2.5.so is listed, then its still
binding to the wrong one.

I also suggest you compile a .so of stackless python "make
libpython2.5.so" rather than using the .a.

What happens if you temporarily rename your libpython2.5.so in /lib to
something else? Does it find the correct library then? (assuming you
don't use a python based build system like scons)

You *should* be able to copy the stackless .so over the normal python
.so without any bad consequences, but its always a good idea to back
things up :)

Hope that helps,
Lloyd