[Stackless] Stackless functionality in C++

Simon Pickles sipickles at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 11 14:02:53 CEST 2008

Richard Tew wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 11:07 AM, Simon Pickles
> <sipickles at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know of any libraries which give the functionality of stackless,
>> but in c++?
>>
>> Specifically, I was interested in tasklets, scheduling and two way channels.
>>
>> I guess I could build in stackless and call out to c++ libs..... Any native
>> approach?
>>

> Why give up the flexibility of a scripting language?  Is Python too
> slow for you?

Well, my server is in stackless python and its been a revelation.
Unfortunately, my client is already written (for the most) in c++, and
yes, its DirectX, so speed is paramount. I guess my OP was more out of
curiosity. I don't see me doing (another) re-write ;)

I'm not sure I have the time or knowledge of hybrid systems to blend the
two, although with hindsight, I wish I had done!

Si