[Stackless] Stackless Python 3000

Jeff Senn senn at maya.com
Tue Jul 15 05:03:07 CEST 2008

Ditto on the "thanks for effort" !!

On OS-X there are chicken-egg problems because you (or some
automated process) converted the build script to py3k syntax...
which is a dilemma... because I'm not even sure what the
right thing to do is... :-)
e.g. should you need py3k to build py3k?  I guess one could carefully
re-write the script so that it does not depend on differences pre/post
3k....

Anyway aside from that, building with configure seems to work.

[remember it's like this -- in case someone else wants to try:
export MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET="10.4"
./configure --enable-framework --enable-stacklessfewerregisters --
enable-universalsdk
]

The multiprocessing module doesn't even build on OS-X --
and test_multiprocessing hangs. But you said you
might not care about that...

I get an occasional failure on test_socket (which I believe
has happened before in prior versions)

And a consistent error on test_asynchat with a bunch of output
like:

+ error: uncaptured python exception, closing channel
<test.test_asynchat.echo_client at 0x16728d0> (<class
'AttributeError'>:'socket' object has no attribute
'handle_close_event' [/Users/senn/src/stackless/py3k/Lib/asyncore.py|
readwrite|104] [/Users/senn/src/stackless/py3k/Lib/asyncore.py|
__getattr__|390])

This looks like a general problem with asyncore... and not something
you are likely to have done in the port -- possibly poll() acts a
little differently on OS-X ... I'd have to carefully check diffs to
make sure...

"make teststackless" runs w/o any suspiciousness.

-Jas