[Stackless] my first wrestlings with stackless

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 14:14:52 CEST 2008

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 5:52 AM, Neutral Robot Boy
<neutralrobotboy at gmail.com> wrote:
> i just recently posted a journal entry on my first stab at getting a grip on
> stackless, and i don't know if anyone might be able to find it useful or
> informative, but in any case here it is:
>
> http://neutralrobotboy.livejournal.com/91789.html
>
> if nothing else, it might serve as a reminder of what it's like to be a
> beginner with stackless? i don't really know. if anyone has a better
> stackless solution to what i talk about in the post, i'm curious.

There is a wealth of documentation on Stackless, although not packaged
with it.  The Stackless website links to a lot of it, from the
examples wiki to the tutorial written by Grant Olson.

When Python 2.6 is released, it is likely that we will add
documentation that comes with Stackless.  The documentation creation
process is no longer a tedious affair, which never seems to work, in
2.6.

I don't know that any of the tasks you are performing in your blog are
the kind which benefit from the use of Stackless.  For an example of
one activity which benefits from Stackless, see Andrew Dalke's http
example:

http://www.stackless.com/pipermail/stackless/2006-September/002796.html