[Stackless] Io

Guy Hulbert gwhulbert at eol.ca
Sun Jun 15 14:56:35 CEST 2008

On Sat, 2008-14-06 at 11:44 -0700, Phoenix Sol wrote:
> Hey Guy,

[snip]

>         On Fri, 2008-13-06 at 19:45 -0700, Phoenix Sol wrote:
>
>         > Missing from the 'bindings' section on the first page at
>         > http://iolanguage.com is Python
[snip]

I looked again (slowly :-) at your email this morning and it just struck
me that what I was really mis-understanding was 'missing'.

>         [1] You keep using that word ... [the princess bride]
>
> You are probably right. Please forgive my 'cowboy coder'
> conventions. ;-)

Nothing to forgive.  Communication's a bitch.

> What I mean is that you can call Python from Io. Here is a quick
> example:

The light goes on !!

> phoenix at pyre:~$ io
> Io 20080120
> Io> mt := Python import("mimetypes")
> ==>  Python_0x8338c58:

When I looked at this the first time, I thought what you meant by
'missing' was 'something that *should* be implemented' and that your
'example' was a demonstration of how easy it was for you to implement
it.  But you'd need to be a "C Programmer" to do that and you had denied
that skill, iirc.

So what you meant by 'missing' is 'missing from the documentation'.

Must be an Io trade secret ;-).

Presumably one could replace 'Python' by 'Stackless' ... (just to stay
on-topic ;-) ... perhaps that was your point originally.  I'd have to
look back at the thread to see.

--gh