[Stackless] multi-core processing?

Simon Pickles sipickles at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 15 21:57:19 CEST 2008

Hi NRB,

Neutral Robot Boy wrote:
> alright, so i'm still in 'beginner' mode with stackless here. i did a
> bit of reading which suggested that stackless should be able to
> distribute processing across multiple cores without trouble, and i
> decided to write a really simple script and look at how much of a load
> it puts on my cpu.
The stackless scheduler which you activate by calling stackless.run()
only runs in one thread. Each tasklet is added to that scheduler and
called in turn. No other core will be used.

A few months ago, Carlos Eduardo de Paulo posted a code example on this
list for Stackless MultiCore. I've reattached the code for you here. I
haven't tested it or anything tho it looks good. You will need the
processing module:

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/processing

Hope that helps

Simon