[Stackless] multi-core processing?

Christopher Armstrong radix at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Jun 16 14:39:45 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 1:27 PM, Simon Pickles <sipickles at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Really? eek, I had misunderstood the GIL, I think. So Carlos's example is
> multicore but not parallel?
>
> Thats bad for me. My server had several interpreters running 'concurrently'
> using twisted.PerspectiveBroker to communicate. I guess this model works for
> clusters but not for SMPs.....

If you're using multiple processes, then you get parallel execution on
either SMP or clusters. The GIL is per-process.

I mention this because it seems to be pointless to use PB to
communicate between components within a single process, so I assume
you must be using multiple processes. Or are you spawning multiple
Python interpreters through the C/Python API?

--
Christopher Armstrong
International Man of Twistery