[Stackless] Need a *nix shell account for Stackless development

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 03:42:58 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 9:05 PM, Kevin M Kelley <kelleyk at mit.edu> wrote:
> VMWare Workstation is $189 and works really well; I've never tried
> VirtualBox.
>
> If you really need a shell account on a non-virtualized machine for some
> esoteric reason, give me a holler and I might be able to help you out.

Thanks for the offer.

I have no interest whatsoever in doing any administration or
maintenance - it can be a sink which wastes time I would otherwise
spend on Stackless.  CCP kindly hosted a Gentoo machine for me for the
last couple of years, which served my needs, but it was a chore to
keep it up to date and I was kind of relieved when policy changes
resulted in its removal.

Can anyone tell me whether it is possible to just download and run a
virtual machine (it would have to be free) and just jump straight into
development (svn/gcc/make/...) tasks with zero installation,
administration or maintenance?  Pointers to a solution like this would
be ideal.  That is why I favour the loan of a shell account for this
use - the pain of administrating a Linux machine is someone elses
problem :)