[Stackless] Cannot Come! (was: Your Pycon 2008 Schedule)

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Mon Mar 3 00:50:06 CET 2008

Andrew Francis wrote:
> Hello Christian:
>
> What will your Pycon 2008 schedule look like? I would
> really like to discuss PyPy. I also plan to have a
> draft of my talk before March. Can you look at it?

Hi Andrew, David, Andrew, Stackless list

I am very unhappy to tell you that I cannot make it to
PyCon this year!
Two weeks ago, I came back from LA with an injured foot,
and a dangerous inflammation had evolved. I went to a hospital,
and they immediately kept me there, since it was serious.
Yesterday, I was released from the hospital, together with
the strong suggestion not to go for any travels for the next
six weeks.

Although I hate to do this, I will obey this recommendation.

This is bad, because there are two talks scheduled for me,
one of them meant to be the basis for Andrew Francis' talk.

I hope very much that either A. Francis can do the basic talk
as well, or maybe Andrew Dalke is willing to help out, since
I was planning to use his material, anyway. Maybe this can
even become some collaborative session, which might be fun.
I am also happy
to help with everything that's possible from here.

The Stackless list is cc'd as well, if anybody has suggestions
or is willing to help.

Sorry for this late announcement, but I hoped to make it
till the last second.

Please let's discuss this and find a solution.

cheers & thanks -- chris