[Stackless] Cannot Come!

Andrew Francis andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 4 16:21:25 CET 2008

Hello Christian, Andrew, and David:

--- Andrew Dalke <dalke at dalkescientific.com> wrote:

> 87. Stackless Python 101

> I can help with this, and in collaboration with
> Andrew Francis  perhaps.  I don't have much time to
>prepare between now and then, so  it would have to be
>from almost complete notes.  Christian?  What's
>the state of that?

We effectively have a week to work. I have time
pressure too but I will try my best to help.

Christian, if you have an outline, perhaps you can
submit it to me. I have also read the Dalke talk.

Enclosed is a detailed outline of my Stackless/Twisted
paper.  This is the basis of both the paper and the
talk. It has a very tutorial, moderately graphic and
code example structure (my reviewers stated they
thought Stackless and Twisted needed more of these).

What I can do is start making my slides immediately so
that is out of the way. If a Stackless 101 needs
slides and code, that can be started early. Perhaps I
can delay the paper (I know it is late).

> 88. Stackless PyPy

Well I am just starting to look at PyPy. So I can't
give that talk. However I do refer to PyPy in my
paper. If I can find the time on the weekend, perhaps
I can even try out examples in PyPy and see if I can
incorporate it.

Please get back to me if this sounds reasonable.

Cheers,
Andrew