[Stackless] PyPy and Stackless.py Re: Who is Attending PyCon 2008?

Andrew Francis andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 6 18:06:52 CET 2008

Hi Stephan:

Sorry for being so tardy in responding.... In all the
confusion, I forgot to respond to your post.

>even though I'm not coming to PyCon, I can say a few
>word about pypys stackless implementation.
>RPython comes with a coroutine implementation. PyPy
>has a module called _stackless which exposes a
>Coroutine and Greenlet interface. (you must
>explicitly enable this on pypy compilation).
>The actual stackless interface is an applevel (pypy
>speak for application

>If you want to play around, take that stackless.py
>file and try different schedulers, messaging system,
>whatever.

Thanks a lot for the reference to stackless.py! I have
been looking at the code. It is the closest thing to
pseudo-code that describes Stackless's scheduling
algorithm ;-) The only thing I do not see are
provisions for channel preferences....

After PyCon, I will start playing with this! However I
will mention this in my talk.

Cheers,
Andrew