[Stackless] Stackless Digest, Vol 50, Issue 17

Andrew Francis andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 21 19:14:03 CET 2008

Hi Robert:

>When I do stackless.run(), are all tasklets run at
the >same time?   Or are they executed serially, one
>tasklet staring after the other one has finished
>executing?

Stackless.run() starts the scheduler. The tasklets are
executed in a first-come-first-servered-round-robin
fashion. Ordering is changed when tasklets explicitly
yield with a schedule() or block on a channel.

>I am evaluating if I can use stackless python to do
>multiple  concurrent HTTP calls to amazon's simpledb
>service, using the python  boto library.

I downloaded boto and took a quick look. I see urllib
and httplib. Unmodified, Stackless will block. Perhaps
if you use Richard Tew's StacklessModule and
monkeypatching, you can get boto up with little
modification. Myself, I use Twisted so I would have to
look more closely at the simpleDb protocol. I am sort
of interested myself now....

Cheers,
Andrew