[Stackless] Stackless Multicore Module

Andrew Francis andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 26 15:40:32 CET 2008

Hi Carlos:

>I have created a small sandbox module to test running
>stackless tasklets over multiple processes instead of
>multiple threads. With whis we can overcome the
>problem with GIL and use full power from multicore
>processors.

This sounds neat! I just came back from Pycon 2008 and
I was asked about how I would go about having
Stackless support multiple CPUs. I also attended a
open session on multi-processor support in Python.

>Its far from complete but it does the tasklet
>distribution on a round-robin fashion and does the
job >of starting a scheduler for each process.

>It would be interesting to distribute the scheduler
>and have a CPU for each scheduler. If anyone is up to
>help me out in this idea or have suggestions

I have to find a computer with multiple CPUs, but I
would be interested in trying this out.

Sounds like really cool work Carlos!