[Stackless] Stackless on 64bit Ubuntu

Simon Pickles sipickles at googlemail.com
Sun May 11 10:34:13 CEST 2008

Hi,

After a recent hardware failure, I 'upgraded' my system to x64 dual core.

I compiled stackless (and twisted) from svn, and they seem to work fine.

I have one small problem tho. My debugger, WingIDE, only runs as 32 bit
at present (using --force-architecture during install). This means it
baulks at my shiny 64bit stackless build. :(

Untila version of WingIDE which supports x64 stackless is available
(there is one in the pipeline apparently), I may need to build stackless
and twisted as 32 bit, to permit debugging. Can anyone give me a hint as
to how to compile stackless as x86 on a x64 platform? x64 is a little
new to me. Is there a flag I can set in the congifure file?

Thanks

Simon