[Stackless] Continuations ?

Andrew Francis andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com
Mon May 12 16:18:18 CEST 2008

Hi Filip:

>But now i hit another problem. Considering
>the way pickle works (and confirmed by experiments),
>all the locals are (naturally) also pickled. But this
>can lead to very unpleasant situations with objects
>that cannot be easily pickled ? database links, for
>example.

I had this problem with Twisted. My solution was
simple - don't pickle the Twisted objects. A part of
doing this was setting Twisted references to None and
restoring them after.

In my case, it beget the question of whether
serialising the Twisted objects made sense (no it
didn't).

If the objects are problematic - you may consider
writing your own custom serialisation: the
instructions are here:

http://www.stackless.com/wiki/Pickling