[Stackless] Stackless on Ubuntu Hardy x64

Simon Pickles sipickles at googlemail.com
Wed May 14 14:26:24 CEST 2008

Hello,

Please could anyone tell me if it is possible to build Stackless from
source on a 64bit Ubuntu Hardy OS.

I have tried to compile the release25-maint version using g++ 4.2.
./configure seems to work fine, but the make fails:

gcc -pthread -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes
Parser/acceler.o Parser/grammar1.o Parser/listnode.o Parser/node.o
Parser/parser.o Parser/parsetok.o Parser/bitset.o Parser/metagrammar.o
Parser/firstsets.o Parser/grammar.o Parser/pgen.o Objects/obmalloc.o
Python/mysnprintf.o Parser/tokenizer_pgen.o Parser/printgrammar.o
Parser/pgenmain.o -lpthread -ldl  -lutil -o Parser/pgen
/usr/bin/ld: i386 architecture of input file `Parser/tokenizer_pgen.o'
is incompatible with i386:x86-64 output
/usr/bin/ld: i386 architecture of input file `Parser/printgrammar.o' is
incompatible with i386:x86-64 output
/usr/bin/ld: i386 architecture of input file `Parser/pgenmain.o' is
incompatible with i386:x86-64 output
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [Parser/pgen] Error 1

Perhaps I have missed something elementary?

Many Thanks

Simon