[Stackless] Passivation Re: Continuations ?

Andrew Francis andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com
Wed May 14 17:06:09 CEST 2008

Hi Arnar:

> ps. have a look at the wsgi example here, one
> example shows a seed to a seaside-like framework
>that uses tasklets as continuations (alas not
> reusable) in a web setting (I'm referring to the
> "sessionless" example

I am still munching on your code but it is an
interesting example. I do something similar in my
WS-BPEL prototypes - I suspend code that is waiting
for a response. When a response comes in, the
"networking layer" looks up the proper request and
resumes the code.

http://twistedmatrix.com/pipermail/twisted-python/2008-April/017316.html

In WS-BPEL land, EPRs (end-point references) and
correlation sets (based on matching patterns in the
message) are used.

Eventually what I want to do is set a timer so that I
can pickle a 'process' (a group of tasklets sharing
common resources) that has been waiting too long. In
WS-BPEL world, this is called activation/passivation.

I have prototypes that also serialise the entire
processor to disk. The next step is to serialise
individual processes (groups of tasklets). I guess
I'll write a ToyProcessor6 to illustrate this.