[Stackless] Debugging Tasklets

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Sat May 24 15:22:15 CEST 2008

On Sat, May 24, 2008 at 8:53 AM, Simon Pickles <sipickles at googlemail.com> wrote:
> This works fine, however I get to a certain point. The Objects Update loop
> is no longer called. Using breakpoints I can see that the objects updater
> member is still the same, Its just not being schdeuled.
>
> Can anyone advise me how I can track down what has happened to the tasklet?

You could print a stacktrace of its call stack.  I cannot remember
offhand how this might be done for non-current tasklets, but if you
have an exception catching wrapper around the code executing in the
tasklet, you might be able to do it by sending an exception to the
tasklet, so it gets raised to that wrapper and then you can print a
stacktrace there.  Or you might be able to do it without running the
tasklet by doing something with its frames.

Unless the tasklet is dead and has exited, this should show the Python
code path it followed to the point it got "lost".