[Stackless] Questions about Moving from Stackless to PyPy

Andrew Francis andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 3 22:32:04 CET 2008

Hi Folks:

I am really new to PyPy. However I have been using Stackless. I would like to do two things. First convert a pre-existing Python programme, A scaled down WS-BPEL processor to RPython and in the process use the Stackless module. I would want the end-product to be a C programme or a C library. I am interested stuff like 1) Will the Picking still work? 2) How to glue this to Twisted?

The second thing I would like to do if the first part works - is convert WS-BPEL code (WS-BPEL is an XML based programming language) into a C library too (I have write a very crude WS-BPEL to Python translator).

Is what I want to do viable? What are some of things the pitfalls? Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Andrew