[Stackless] Source code for stackless Python 2.2.3

Ferdinando Milella f.milella at simx.co.uk
Fri Nov 7 17:22:51 CET 2008

Ok, I am getting old but I think am still young enough to remember quite
clearly that the link for stackless-223-export.tar.bz2 wasn't there the last
time I visited that web page (otherwise I should really see my doctor...).
And I do not devote my (full) attention to watching BBC news here either.
Thanks very much for making the link available.  That's exactly what I was
looking for. However (assuming that there exists someone still interested in
having stackless 2.2.3) just a note for whoever is going to use the package
for Windows and .NET 2005 (like myself): all files are in non-DOS format
(Unix?) and if you try to open/convert pcbuild.dsw straight in the .NET IDE
it gives you corrupted files messages for all the dsps. Just open all
project files with any editor and convert them into a DOS format first. Then
to compile it you need to apply all the "bug" fixings that have been already
dealt with in past years on the [Pyhton-Dev] mailing list (mainly issues
involving largeint.h and PyOS_getsig). I did them already for the normal
Python 2.2.3 and I am gonna do them now for the stackless version. So, all
considered, it's exactly what I was looking for. Not sure if anybody out
there needs to have the "good" old Python 2.2.3 working in VC8/.NET 2005 by
now (maybe in a parallel universe?) and I am not sure if all these fixings
have been checked-in in retrievable 2.2.3 releases. Let me know if I can be
of any help.

Cheers

Nando

Python