[Stackless] PyCon 2009, any interest in sprinting there or remotely?

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 19:25:14 CET 2008

Hi,

Is anyone planning to be at PyCon who is interested in sprinting to
work on furthering Stackless?

Is anyone not planning to be at PyCon who might like to work on
furthering Stackless in conjunction with those of us who are there,
via IRC or some similar mechanism?

Regarding possible sprint topics given sufficient interest:

- I believe that the lack of formal documentation is a big detriment
to Stackless.  Now that we have the new documentation building
framework in Python 2.6, we should extend the documentation which
comes with Python to also cover Stackless.

- I also believe that a microthreading solution should allow IO in a
straightforward manner which only blocks the microthread which does
the IO, rather than the entire scheduler.  We have the
'stacklesssocket.py' module as a cross-platform solution of sorts for
sockets.  We should incorporate that into a general solution which
handles file, process and other thread blocking forms of IO.  The
implementation details of this are unimportant at this time, what is
important is the goal.