[Stackless] Pycon 2009

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 19:06:56 CET 2008

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 9:55 AM, Andrew Francis <andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I just received the call for talks and tutorials for Pycon 2009. The deadlines are November 3rd for talks and I believe October 31th for tutorials. Unfortunately I don't have enough material to create a new talk. I suspect end-users would not be interested in hearing about putting REST support in BPEL processors, even if they are Python based....

CCP has proposed two talks for PyCon 2009.

The first is called "Stackless Python in EVE Online, part 2" and is
intended to cover things like our StacklessIO framework.  The second
is called "Making games in Python - Tools and techniques at CCP" and
deals with ways we have customised our framework in order to make
working with it more productive, and easier. From the unique ways in
which we do our unit testing, to how we use code reloading and more.

Both would involve Stackless, although in the latter talk only
peripherally.  Whether they will be accepted remains to be seen, but
let's hope so! :-)