[Stackless] PyCon 2009, any interest in sprinting there or remotely

Andrew Francis andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 8 20:16:55 CET 2008

Hi Richard:

>Is anyone planning to be at PyCon who is interested in sprinting to
>work on furthering Stackless?

I will probably go to Pycon 2009.

>- I also believe that a microthreading solution should allow IO in a
>straightforward manner which only blocks the microthread which does
>the IO, rather than the entire scheduler.  We have the
>'stacklesssocket.py' module as a cross-platform solution of sorts for
>sockets.  We should incorporate that into a general solution which
>handles file, process and other thread blocking forms of IO.  The
>implementation details of this are unimportant at this time, what is
>important is the goal.

I have been interested into diving into Python for quite some time. I guess my problem is that I never quite know how to begin.

Now that I have graduated, I have more time. One of the things on my mind that comes out of my work with Twisted (and taking operations management courses) is a desire to have a more analytic understanding how reactors interact with the Stackless scheduler.

Cheers,
Andrew