[Stackless] Consistent Crashes in Stackless

Timothy Baldridge tbaldridge at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 16:58:56 CET 2008

Okay, I'm working on the actor based frame work for Stackless, and I'm
getting somewhat consistent crashes in Stackless.

I'm running this under Windows XP

Here are the links to the two files:
http://www.timbilism.com/junk/hamlet/hamlet.py
http://www.timbilism.com/junk/hamlet/hamtest.py

run python hamtest.py to to try it out. Here's and overview of the
concept here. A group of objects are created. Those objects then get
one or more messages. They then send these messages to one or more
other clients. This program should loop forever as the messages are
just "bounced" around. There are two major issues with this program:

When the object count is higher than 10 or so ( eg: for x in
range(100)) the entire VM will crash.

When the initial message count is 1, that is only one message is sent
from the master tasklet, the program will run forever. If, however,
you send 10 messages at the start the program will bounce the messages
about 1-3 times, then just exit. No errors, nothing, it will just
exit.

So I'm starting to wonder what the issue could be here? Any ideas?

Timothy
--
Two wrights don't make a rong, they make an airplane. Or bicycles.