[Stackless] Consistent Crashes in Stackless

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 18:34:16 CET 2008

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 10:58 AM, Timothy Baldridge
<tbaldridge at gmail.com> wrote:
> Okay, I'm working on the actor based frame work for Stackless, and I'm
> getting somewhat consistent crashes in Stackless.
>
> I'm running this under Windows XP
>
> Here are the links to the two files:
> http://www.timbilism.com/junk/hamlet/hamlet.py
> http://www.timbilism.com/junk/hamlet/hamtest.py
>
> run python hamtest.py to to try it out. Here's and overview of the
> concept here. A group of objects are created. Those objects then get
> one or more messages. They then send these messages to one or more
> other clients. This program should loop forever as the messages are
> just "bounced" around. There are two major issues with this program:
>
> When the object count is higher than 10 or so ( eg: for x in
> range(100)) the entire VM will crash.
>
> When the initial message count is 1, that is only one message is sent
> from the master tasklet, the program will run forever. If, however,
> you send 10 messages at the start the program will bounce the messages
> about 1-3 times, then just exit. No errors, nothing, it will just
> exit.
>
> So I'm starting to wonder what the issue could be here? Any ideas?

Can you please:
1. Provide the version of Python you are using.  The ideal form is cut
and pasted from your interpreter.
  e.g. Python 2.5.2 Stackless 3.1b3 060516 (release25-maint, Feb 24
2008, 13:19:44)
2. Provide a stack trace of the crash.

Thanks,