[Stackless] Can Plone or Conga run over Stackless?

Larry Dickson ldickson at cuttedge.com
Fri Oct 3 01:09:14 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I just subscribed to the mailing list. I've been handed a question that
could be important in deciding whether my company uses Stackless Python.

In

http://zope.stackless.com/wiki/FAQ

it says:

"How compatible is Stackless with normal Python?

Stackless should be 100% compatible for use of normal Python code. If you
have Stackless installed and you use Python code which does not make any use
of the Stackless functionality, that code should behave exactly the same as
it would in a normal Python installation."

On the other hand, my colleague Tracy Reed says:

> I notice that the stackless website stackless.com is based on Plone. But
> it isn't running stackless according to the HTTP headers:
>
> Server: Zope/(unreleased version, python 2.3.3, linux2) ZServer/1.1
> Plone/2.0-rc6

Can anyone tell me whether Plone can run over Stackless (actually we hope to
use Conga)? If it can, why isn't this capability being used on the web site?

Larry Dickson
Cutting Edge Networked Storage