[Stackless] weakref problem with stacklesssocket.py

Jon Rosebaugh chairos at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 05:27:46 CEST 2008

I am not sure how best to go about debugging this problem, but I will
note that it seems to go away when I comment out the add_channel
method defined in lines 183-186.

  File "testing/runit.py", line 8, in <module>
    main()
  File "testing/runit.py", line 4, in main
    stdin_listener("flickr", "twitter", "facebook", "yahoo", "gmail",
"hotmail", "feed")
  File "/Users/jon/pytest/chimpbots/chimpbots/listener.py", line 20,
in stdin_listener
    stackless.run()
  File "/Users/jon/pytest/chimpbots/chimpbots/libs/stacklesssocket.py",
line 77, in ManageSockets
    asyncore.poll(0.05)
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/asyncore.py",
line 109, in poll
    is_r = obj.readable()
ReferenceError: weakly-referenced object no longer exists

I don't really understand the workings of asyncore and the socket
module, so I'm reluctant to start poking a lot at it without guidance.

I have read in previous postings on the list that stacklesssocket.py
is meant really as example code. However, given that the regular
socket module blocks all tasklets, I think stackless ought to ship
_some_ working replacement.