[Stackless] Stackless license and copyright notice?

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Tue Oct 21 23:31:09 CEST 2008

Alberto Ganesh Barbati wrote:
> Hi Everybody,
>
> this might be obvious but I couldn't find an authoritative answer on
> stackless.com nor in the archive of this mailing list. The question is
> simple: under which license is Stackless distributed? In both the source
> distribution and by typing license() all I get is the Python license
> from the PSF. Does that apply to all Stackless modifications to Python
> also? In case it does apply, is the PSF notice of copyright: "Copyright
> (c) 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 Python Software
> Foundation; All Rights Reserved" sufficient or should something more be
> added?

If the stackless developers had considered a different license,
without changing the source or the license() output, that would
be pretty dumb.

Therefore, this question sounds strange to me, since either I am
dumb, or the question is obviously nonsense :-)

If you see an urgent need for further protection, please tell me.
I am more than happy with the Python license since 10+ years.
The Stackless addition is a concept, an idea. Europeans do not
consider patenting things like these.
The idea is obscene!

- chris