[Stackless] sys.setprofile broken in stackless?

Henk Punt henkpunt at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 22:49:34 CEST 2008

Hi,

I am trying to use the standard python profiling interface
sys.setprofile to do some profiling.
Unfortunatly setting my profiling function in stackless 2.5 in this
way only registers function entry/exit on the main stackless task.
If I try to use sys.setprofile in multiple tasks in the same program,
the program 'hangs' (80-90% CPU) and can only be forcefully killed
(I call sys.setprofile at the start of the tasklet's callable).

Is profiling broken by stackless?
if not, how to enable it; 1) for the whole program (i.e. get profiling
info from all running tasklets)
2) for individual tasklets?

grtz,

Henk