[Stackless] Inter-process channels

Gabriel Lavoie glavoie at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 02:13:48 CEST 2008

Hello,
     I'm currently working for a university Master Degree project on an
update to Stackless Python to make it distributed. If everything goes well,
we could get soon the possibility to make tasklets communicate using
networked channels and an easy way to migrate tasklets from an interpreter
to another (on the same host or on another networked host). I'm currently
beginning the programming phase of my project and I need to make something
that works, at least in some simple way, quickly. Right now I'm working on
PyPy's Stackless implementation to ease the development part but this work
could be ported back to Stackless itself after. I'll keep you updated.

Gabriel Lavoie

2008/8/29 nicolas stein <n.stein at internike.com>

> Hi all,
>
> I just started to play a bit with stackless examples and idioms.
>
> I'd like to build an architecture with several "engines".
>
> This separation is for clarity, scalability and security (An engine can
> die but the others are still working).
>
> Each "engine" would perform a high number of concurrent tasks, that are
> conceptually inter-related (clarity).
> Stackless seem to be a great choice for writing these engines.
>
> The question is how to have these engines exchanging information as fast
> as possible.
>
> I was wondering if something exists to make stackless channels talk
> across processes (possibly across different hardwares).
> Maybe TCP/IP super-channels ?

Gabriel Lavoie
glavoie at gmail.com