[Stackless] Can't embed Stackless in C++ using MinGW

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 00:06:25 CEST 2008

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 5:51 PM, Ben Sizer <kylotan at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/9/15 Richard Tew <richard.m.tew at gmail.com>:
> > On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 10:59 AM, Ben Sizer <kylotan at gmail.com> wrote:
> > You have not mentioned where you obtained the Stackless source code
> > from, can you please clarify this?
>
> I got the binaries at
> http://www.stackless.com/binaries/stackless-python-252.zip and
> installed them over my existing Python 2.5.2 installation, as directed
> at the http://www.stackless.com/ front page. (ie. "if you use
> Microsoft Windows, obtain the provided precompiled binaries to install
> over those in your existing Python installation").

Ah, this is why your 'Python.h' is not including 'stackless.h'.
Because the Stackless version of 'Python.h' is not included in the zip
file.  It is a bad idea to compile against this.  I've never tested it
and the include files were only included as an afterthought.

People have compiled using mingw before.  I have.  I would expect it
to hit the case:
#elif defined(__GNUC__) && defined(__i386__)

Get the source code (preferably from the release25-maint branch) in
SVN, and compile that, run the Stackless unit tests to ensure that the
Stackless extension got compiled in, then compile against it.