[Stackless] Can't embed Stackless in C++ using MinGW

Ben Sizer kylotan at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 23:51:41 CEST 2008

2008/9/15 Richard Tew <richard.m.tew at gmail.com>:
> On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 10:59 AM, Ben Sizer <kylotan at gmail.com> wrote:
> You have not mentioned where you obtained the Stackless source code
> from, can you please clarify this?

I got the binaries at
http://www.stackless.com/binaries/stackless-python-252.zip and
installed them over my existing Python 2.5.2 installation, as directed
at the http://www.stackless.com/ front page. (ie. "if you use
Microsoft Windows, obtain the provided precompiled binaries to install
over those in your existing Python installation").

> So just to be explicit, because I like to know these things for sure, you have:
> "E:/code/Python25/include/"
> "E:/code/Python25/include/stackless/"
> in your include paths, and no other clashing Python include directories?

Yes. It seems a bit odd to need to include stackless explicitly when
it could be included via the Python directory, but I do have it in
there in case there is something odd with the #include order.

> That you are getting these errors indicates that Stackless does not
> support your platform.

Yes, I'm guessing that might be the case.

If I look through files like slp_platformselect.h, it seems to assume
that if you are on Windows, you're using Visual C++, which I'm not.

Perhaps the code in switch_x86_unix.h needs to be adapted for my
platform (essentially GCC on Win32/x86)?

> Look into what I have mentioned above.  There are inconsistencies in
> the information you have provided which points to this being a problem
> with your deve environment, rather than Stackless itself.

Not sure what else to try - the files are in place, the include
directories set up. After all, logically speaking, if they weren't I'd
simply get an error saying a #include failed before it got as far as
any code that requires stuff from that #include.

Thanks,
Ben Sizer