[Stackless] atomic

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 00:20:32 CEST 2008

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 5:44 PM, Alberto Ganesh Barbati
<AlbertoBarbati at libero.it> wrote:
> By the way, will stackless provide context manager for atomicity to be
> used in the "with" statement? I mean, wouldn't it be good to be able to
> write:
>
>  with stackless.atomic():
>    your_code_here()
>
> instead of:
>
>  t = stackless.getcurrent()
>  flag = t.set_atomic(True)
>  try:
>    your_code_here()
>  finally:
>    t.set_atomic(flag)
>
> I know it's not difficult for a user to write such a context manager,
> but it would be nice to have it provided by stackless itself.

'stackless' is a C extension module.  This 'atomic' object would have
to be written in C.  Not many people use the atomic features, as
indicated by the fact you're the first I have heard of in a long time.

We would be more than happy to provide a context manager, if you (or
anyone for that matter) provided patches to add it, given the patches
were of sufficient quality.