[Stackless] Can't embed Stackless in C++ using MinGW

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 14:14:29 CEST 2008

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 7:49 AM, Ben Sizer <kylotan at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2008/9/16 Richard Tew <richard.m.tew at gmail.com>:
> > On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 5:39 AM, Ben Sizer <kylotan at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> I will continue with that for now, but it would be good to get it
> >> working with MinGW because a lot of hobbyist game devs use it.
> >
> > It works with MinGW.  I've used it to compile a Windows native version.
> > I've used it to cross-compile a version of Stackless for the Nintendo DS.
> >
> > I believe the problem here is that, as you have stated, you are using a
> > custom tool which you are reticent to tinker with its custom MinGW
> > environment.
>
> This isn't a demand to support those environments, by the way. I think
> just a little warning on the download/installation page would help, to
> avoid confusion. I'd be willing to dig further into it to try and work
> out how to fix it myself, if I had a hint on which configuration
> option it appears to be tripping up on.

You're right.  The binary archive is not suitable for compilation against at
this time.  I'll see if I can find the time to package up all the include
files which come with Stackless, with it.

I should really do a release candidate build for Stackless anyway, given
that a corresponding release has been done for Python.