[Stackless] [threading] Stackless based replacement
dragonsa at highveldmail.co.za
Thu Sep 25 11:41:03 CEST 2008
Today I created a threading library to replace the default one. The
uniqueness of this library is that it is based solely based on stackless and
functions as a (near) drop in replacement for the 'threaded' version.
Only a few minor changes needs to be done to source code:
- The 'main' code needs to be moved into a thread
- threading.start() needs to be called [and will block until threads stop
Some known issues:
- threading.start() enters a busy loop if a deadlock occurs.
- There might be come locking issues [related to atomic]
- atomic does not appear to be so atomic***
Thought I might share this with the community.
P.S. [See attached for threading.py]
P.P.S. [[This is only a very rough, proof-of-concept work]
WARNING: Does eat babies (or as the saying goes)
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 6549 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Stackless