[Stackless] [threading] Stackless based replacement

David Naylor dragonsa at highveldmail.co.za
Fri Sep 26 14:04:19 CEST 2008

On Thursday 25 September 2008 13:43:46 Richard Tew wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 5:41 AM, David Naylor
>
> <dragonsa at highveldmail.co.za> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Today I created a threading library to replace the default one.  The
> > uniqueness of this library is that it is based solely based on stackless
> > and functions as a (near) drop in replacement for the 'threaded' version.

> > Thought I might share this with the community.
>
> Hi David,
>
> If you are interested, we can give you access to the Google project
> hosting SVN repository, where you can check in versions of this for
> people to find with all the other examples?
>
> You'd need an email address which you've created a Google account with.
>
> Cheers,
> Richard.

Hi,

Thanks.  I will check in the library when either it is in a workable state or
development stalls...

Just a few questions:
1) Under what conditions does atomic not work?
2) Will stackless switch to another tasklet when entering blocking routines
(like IO), I know threads do this...
3) Does anyone know where to find how many commands python processes before it
tries to switch threads (I remember something like that happening?)

Regards

David