[Stackless] Preparing Stackless Python 3.1a2

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 20:16:59 CEST 2009

Hi,

I've merged in the changes from the mainline branch up to the Python
3.1a2 tag.  Doing this now, as the 3.1 release process proceeds,
removes work needed later on.  There are bugs requiring debugging and
fixing, before we can do a Stackless 3.1a2 tag.

The Stackless unit tests have a crash bug which needs to be looked into.

There are six test failures in the Python unit tests.  Two of these
are in the original mainline Python py3k branch and can be ignored,
leaving four that are because of either bad merging on my part or just
requiring mainline code to be Stacklessified.

If anyone wants to get involved and take a crack at debugging and
fixing any of these, feel free to give it a shot.  Myself, or maybe
Kristjan, will fix them in due course otherwise.

test test_descr failed -- Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\SVN\_python\stackless-branches\release30-maint-export\py3k\lib\test\test_descr.py",
line 3940, in test_method_wrapper
    self.assertEqual(l.__add__, l.__add__)
AssertionError: <method-wrapper '__add__' of list object at
0x0535F0F8> != <method-wrapper '__add__' of list object at 0x0535F0F8>

test test_isinstance failed -- errors occurred; run in verbose mode for details

test test_list failed -- Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\SVN\_python\stackless-branches\release30-maint-export\py3k\lib\test\list_tests.py",
line 60, in test_repr
    self.assertRaises(RuntimeError, repr, l0)
AssertionError: RuntimeError not raised by repr

test test_userlist failed -- Traceback (most recent call last):