[Stackless] Building a shared library for stackless on linux

Simon Pickles sipickles at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 12 13:07:47 CEST 2009

Hello,

I have built stackless 2.52 on Ubuntu linux.

It generates a libpython2.5.a library. What is the procedure to generate
   libpython2.5.so also? I notice both static and shared versions in my
original python installation.

My problem is when I embed the stackless python interpreter in a c++
program and use 'import time' I get:

ImportError: /usr/local/lib/python2.5/lib-dynload/time.so: undefined
symbol: PyExc_IOError

I hoped linking to the shared library might help, after some web searches.

Thanks

Simon