[Stackless] lua vs. stackless python

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 22:36:03 CEST 2009

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 9:52 AM, Phoenix Sol <phoenix at burninglabs.com> wrote:
> Please share your opinion: How does lua 'stack up' against Stackless
> Python?  (intentionally vague ;-)
>
> It's not my intention to stir up a 'flame war' between two 'language lists',
> though I imagine that could be entertaining...
> Seriously though, if you have anything at all to raise here, please do.

This list is subscriber only, replying to both lists won't do much.

Whether someone would choose Lua or Stackless Python for coroutines is
probably a matter of preference for the language itself.  But one
thing Stackless might provide that Lua does not, is the ability to
block C function calls as well as Python function calls given that we
shift C stack sections in and out with tasklets.  Or the ability to
persist and unpersist in a cross platform way, running tasklets.