[Stackless] Stackless Python windows Service

Hans Rakotomanga -X (hrakotom - GFT Technologies SARL at Cisco) hrakotom at cisco.com
Mon Apr 27 18:51:35 CEST 2009

Ok will try that.

Thx a lot.

--Hans

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Tew [mailto:richard.m.tew at gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, April 27, 2009 6:48 PM
To: Hans Rakotomanga -X (hrakotom - GFT Technologies SARL at Cisco)
Cc: stackless at stackless.com
Subject: Re: [Stackless] Stackless Python windows Service

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 12:07 PM, Hans Rakotomanga -X (hrakotom - GFT
Technologies SARL at Cisco) <hrakotom at cisco.com> wrote:
> Basically, I would like to run a couple windows service in the
> background, however since uthread.run() ( or stackless.run() i suppose

> ) blocks until end of execution, it never reaches the windows block
until event.

If you need to block for Windows events, you need to do it on a separate
thread.  Or conversely, start the tasklets on a separate thread and run
a scheduler on that thread.  Tasklets are created on a per-thread basis.

> Also, I don't see any threads running.

What threads?  Why would they be running?