[Stackless] Stackless Python windows Service

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 18:47:33 CEST 2009

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 12:07 PM, Hans Rakotomanga -X (hrakotom - GFT
Technologies SARL at Cisco) <hrakotom at cisco.com> wrote:
> Basically, I would like to run a couple windows service in the background,
> however since uthread.run() ( or stackless.run() i suppose ) blocks until
> end of execution, it never reaches the windows block until event.

If you need to block for Windows events, you need to do it on a
separate thread.  Or conversely, start the tasklets on a separate
thread and run a scheduler on that thread.  Tasklets are created on a
per-thread basis.

> Also, I don't see any threads running.

What threads?  Why would they be running?