[Stackless] Exception passing patch

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 19:00:22 CET 2009

2009/12/2 Kristján Valur Jónsson <kristjan at ccpgames.com>:
> Richard, wasn't the change a different one?  In the old days, passing an exception instance to channel.send() would magically raise it on the receive() end.  I think he added the send_exception() to explicitly send an exception.

Not 100% sure, that's why I bring it up :-)

I tracked down the thread:
  http://www.stackless.com/pipermail/stackless/2004-January/002692.html

> I too find it odd that one cannot send an exception instance over like this, although I've never came across a specific use case.

Well, I missed the ability to do this when it was removed, but these
days I am unable to think of any situation where it would be cleaner
than sending the type and arguments to be raised.